Tour to Termez
Fortress Kyrk-Kyz, Buddha's stupa, Fayaz-Tepe, Mausoleum of Al-Hakim at-Termezi etc.
Travel to Termez – the remote city in the south of Uzbekistan, located on the right bank of Amu Darya River, natural border between Uzbekistan and Afghanistan. During this 2-Day cultural tour you will visit archaeological sites of centuries old Buddhist monastery complexes, see impressive Islamic heritage of the region, and enjoy the views of Surkhan Oasis.
Day 1: Tashkent – Termez
Transfer to local airport for morning flight to Termez (661 km, 2 h.). Upon arrival you will be met by your driver and guide. Start sightseeing in ancient Buddhist center and one of the oldest cities in Central Asia – Termez. Visit Kokildor-Ota Khanaka, Fortress Kyrk-Kyz – a summer residence of Samani rulers, Sultan Saodat Ensemble, and Zurmala – Buddha's stupa. Continue to Buddhist archaeological sites of Kara-Tepe*, Fayaz-Tepe and Mausoleum of Al-Hakim at-Termezi. Free time in the evening. Overnight at the hotel.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 4-5 hours
*Visit to Kara-Tepe is subject to approval by the State Border Committee.
Day 2: Termez – Tashkent
Check-out from the hotel till noon. Continue guided tour in Termez. Drive north-east to see Kampyr-Tepe – Greco-Bactrian Kingdom fortress (35 km, 1 h.). Then visit Jarkurgan Minaret (30 km, 50 min.). Drive back to Termez, on the way enjoy views of Surkhan oasis and Friendship Bridge, which connects Uzbekistan and Afghanistan. Visit Archaeology Museum to explore exhibits discovered on the territory of Termez and its surroundings. In the evening transfer to the airport for flight to Tashkent. Upon arrival transfer to hotel/private residence. End of the tour.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 6-7 hours
- All transfers: 1-2 pax by 1 sedan type car; 3-7 pax by minivan type car;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program with local guide;
- Entrance fees to sights as per itinerary;
Price does not include:
- Economy class tickets for domestic flight Tashkent-Termez-Tashkent ($190);
- Tour leader to accompany the travellers for the whole period of the tour;
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Travel insurance.